The good news is that here you will find six rental assistance programs that may provide very limited help. The not so good news is that 95% of the time, the rent assistance programs are out of funds. Typically, the programs begin the month with hypothetically 1,000.00 and that amount is distributed within the first few days or week. The best advice is to go to your local parish or church and talk to them. If you do meet with a local church, then give them the same paperwork as a rent assistance program and have your budget and other information with you. Here is some general eligibility information and explanations to help you prepare for a screening and helpful things to say when leaving a message:
· You must have a three day notice in hand at your screening interview to be eligible for rental assistance. If you go to your landlord and request a 3 day notice for the purpose of receiving rental assistance, then beware that when your landlord hands you a three day pay or quit notice in order to receive the assistance, you have been legally served.
· You will need a copy of your lease agreement.
· You will need proof of household income and show how you will pay all of your rent next month.
· Rental assistance programs will usually call your landlord to verify your occupancy and need for rental assistance, so have the number with you.
· The rental assistance programs will not pay any of the late fees or back rent.
· Almost all rental assistance programs are subjective in discerning who will receive help. This is because they have a limited amount of money and usually give help to they who have the most vulnerable people in need, such as infants, seniors, and/or disabled living in the home. Rent assistance programs do not pick and choose who they help, instead they offer very limited call in times.
· Be prepared to have a specific reason (emergency) why you do not have all of the money for rent, such as your roommate that was on the lease is in the hospital for a month. Situations such as you lost your job, no longer receiving unemployment or your check did not show up, are usually to general. Families with children that have been displaced by CPS and/or lost their supplemental/CalWorks income are usually not considered a one-time rent assistance emergency.
· The rental assistance programs will not provide all of your rent. You will need to show that you have at least 75% of the money. Typically, the programs only gives up to one hundred dollars and in extremely rare circumstances may give up to 200.00.
· If you are more than 100.00 behind in rent then you may possibly have two rental assistance programs, or a program and a church, concurrently help you. For example one program covers 100.00 and a local church gives you 25.00 to help cover your total rental assistance needs.
10665 Coloma Road, Suite 200, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Call (916) 361-8684 x5 Monday only 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and leave a message. If rental assistance funds are available, your call will be returned, if no funds are available then your call will not be returned and you will need to call again next Monday. Safety-Net Services - Rental Assistance (must bring 3-day pay or quit notice. By appointment only. Serves all zip codes.
Greater Sacramento Urban League
3725 Marysville Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95838map
Ph. (916) 286-8607 No walk ins, by appointment only.
Rental assistance provided on a first come first serve (very limited) bases. Serves all zip codes.
The Salvation Army Sacramento Family Services
4350 Raley Boulevard, # 200, Sacramento, CA 95838
Ph. (916) 678-4050
You must call on Monday only 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for rental assistance. NOTE: If you receive a 3 day pay or quit, then you will still have to wait until Monday for an appointment. Once you get through on the phone, then you may receive an appointment to come in for a "screening."
Zip codes: 95608, 95610, 95621, 95628, 95652, 95655, 95670, 95742, 95811, 95814, 95815, 95816, 95817, 95818, 95819, 95821, 95825, 95827, 95841, 95842 and 95864.
Travelers Aid Society
2251 Florin Road, Sacramento, CA 95822-4490
Ph. (916) 399-9646 Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Travelers Aid Society sometimes has a very limited amount of rental assistance funds at the beginning of each month to help with rental assistance. You must call first, no walk ins. The Travelers Aid is known to be fair in their screening process although it may help if you have a caseworker or Pastor to advocate for you.
Zip codes: 95820, 95822, 95823, 95824, 95826, 95828, 95829, 95830, 95831 and 95832.
All of the suggestions in what you need to know will apply to your eligibility for rental assistance.
The Centro Guadalupe also has a zip code restriction. They restrict their services to people living within certain zip codes and you will need to call them to find out if you live in the right zip code for you and your children to be eligible. The Centro Guadalupe claims to provide rental assistance, however, when repeatedly called they have always stated they are out of funds.
Zip codes: 95626, 95660, 95673, 95833, 95834, 95835, 95836, 95837, 95838 and 95843.
South County Services
Ph. (209) 745-5367
Call first Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to determine if rental assistance funds are available.
Zip codes: 94571, 95615, 905624, 95632, 95638, 95639, 95641, 95683, 95690, 95693, 95757 and 95758.
This link will take you to a list of local churches within the Sacramento area that you may contact. None of the churches claim that they provide rental assistance, however, you can try each one and maybe somebody will help you with your rental assistance.
These areFree Payday Loansfor first time borrowers who pay back the loan on time. No credit check, you need two references they can call to verify who you are.
Some self-employed people have received payday loans for free.
Apply for the loan and only ask for the emergency cash you need - this is a promotion so your chances are very good to get approved.
* If you are a free loan customer, finance fees are waived on your payday advance when you submit a cash advance payment request online to pay the loan in full on your due date.