Just because you are 100% eligible does not mean they have the Rental Assistance funds or that you will receive a call back or even a screening. To prepare for a screening and what to leave in a message:
> 95% of the time they are out of funds.
· Have a three day notice in hand at your screening and before you leave a message.
· Have a copy of your lease agreement.
· Proof of household income and show how you will pay all of your rent next month.
· Programs will call your landlord and will not pay any of the late fees or back rent.
· Say who lives in your home such as infants, seniors, and/or disabled.
· Have a specific reason 'emergency' why you do not have all of the money for rent.
· Programs will not provide all of your rent. Show you have at least 75% of the money.
· Possibly have two programs concurrently help you. For example one program covers 100.00 and a local church gives you 25.00 to help cover your total rental assistance needs. By Victor Stark
Folsom Cordova Community Partnership
10665 Coloma Road, Suite 200, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Call (916) 361-8684 x5 Monday only 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and leave a message. If rental assistance funds are available, your call will be returned, if no funds are available then your call will not be returned and you will need to call again next Monday. Safety-Net Services - Rental Assistance (must bring 3-day pay or quit notice. By appointment only. Serves all zip codes.
1. When are the walk-in times for Safety-Net Services?
Tuesday evenings from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm, and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 11:00 am. Additional times can be scheduled by appointment.
2. How can I receive Utility Assistance or Eviction Avoidance Assistance?
In order to receive Utility Assistance or Eviction Avoidance assistance you must have a 3-day pay or quit or a final notice. If requesting assistance please call (916) 361-8684 between the hours 9:00 am and 10:00 am on the LAST MONDAY OF THE MONTH ONLY. No calls are accepted before or after this time. You must press the number Five (5) and leave your name and phone number on the Safety-Net voice mail box.
3. What if I left a message to request Utility Assistance/Eviction Avoidance and I didn't receive a call back?
There is limited funding for utility assistance and eviction avoidance. Only participants who are selected (based on availability) for assistancereceive a call back. If you did not receive a call back, you must call again the following month to reapply.
4. How many times am I able to receive Safety-Net Services?
Tangible goods (Food, Bus Passes, and Diapers) are available once a month on emergency basis only. The maximum amount of times a family can access services is twice a year for each service. Referrals, resources, and case management services are available as needed.
The Salvation Army Sacramento Family Services
Travelers Aid Society
2251 Florin Road, Sacramento, CA 95822-4490
Ph. (916) 399-9646 Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Travelers Aid Society sometimes has a very limited amount of rental assistance funds at the beginning of each month to help with rental assistance. You must call first, no walk ins. The Travelers Aid is known to be fair in their screening process although it may help if you have a caseworker or Pastor to advocate for you.
Zip codes: 95820, 95822, 95823, 95824, 95826, 95828, 95829, 95830, 95831 and 95832.
Greater Sacramento Urban League
3725 Marysville Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95838 map
Ph. (916) 286-8607 No walk ins, by appointment only.
Rental assistance provided on a first come first serve (very limited) bases. Serves all zip codes.
4350 Raley Boulevard, # 200, Sacramento, CA 95838
Ph. (916) 678-4050
You must call on Monday only 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for rental assistance. NOTE: If you receive a 3 day pay or quit, then you will still have to wait until Monday for an appointment. Once you get through on the phone, then you may receive an appointment to come in for a "screening."
Zip codes: 95608, 95610, 95621, 95628, 95652, 95655, 95670, 95742, 95811, 95814, 95815, 95816, 95817, 95818, 95819, 95821, 95825, 95827, 95841, 95842 and 95864.
South County Services
Ph. (209) 745-5367
Call first Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to determine if rental assistance funds are available.
Zip codes: 94571, 95615, 905624, 95632, 95638, 95639, 95641, 95683, 95690, 95693, 95757 and 95758.