Just because you are 100% eligible does not mean they have the Rental Assistance funds or that you will receive a call back or even a screening. To prepare for a screening and what to leave in a message:
> 95% of the time they are out of funds.
· Have a three day notice in hand at your screening and before you leave a message.
· Have a copy of your lease agreement.
· Proof of household income and show how you will pay all of your rent next month.
· Programs will call your landlord and will not pay any of the late fees or back rent.
· Say who lives in your home such as infants, seniors, and/or disabled.
· Have a specific reason 'emergency' why you do not have all of the money for rent.
· Programs will not provide all of your rent. Show you have at least 75% of the money.
· Possibly have two programs concurrently help you. For example one program covers 100.00 and a local church gives you 25.00 to help cover your total rental assistance needs. By Victor Stark Folsom Cordova Community Partnership
10665 Coloma Road, Suite 200, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Call (916) 361-8684 x5 Monday only 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and leave a message. If rental assistance funds are available, your call will be returned, if no funds are available then your call will not be returned and you will need to call again next Monday. Safety-Net Services - Rental Assistance (must bring 3-day pay or quit notice. By appointment only. Serves all zip codes.
Greater Sacramento Urban League
3725 Marysville Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95838 map
Ph. (916) 286-8607 No walk ins, by appointment only.
Rental assistance provided on a first come first serve (very limited) bases. Serves all zip codes.
The Salvation Army Sacramento Family Services
4350 Raley Boulevard, # 200, Sacramento, CA 95838
Ph. (916) 678-4050
You must call on Monday only 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for rental assistance. NOTE: If you receive a 3 day pay or quit, then you will still have to wait until Monday for an appointment. Once you get through on the phone, then you may receive an appointment to come in for a "screening."
Zip codes: 95608, 95610, 95621, 95628, 95652, 95655, 95670, 95742, 95811, 95814, 95815, 95816, 95817, 95818, 95819, 95821, 95825, 95827, 95841, 95842 and 95864.
Travelers Aid Society
2251 Florin Road, Sacramento, CA 95822-4490
Ph. (916) 399-9646 Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Travelers Aid Society sometimes has a very limited amount of rental assistance funds at the beginning of each month to help with rental assistance. You must call first, no walk ins. The Travelers Aid is known to be fair in their screening process although it may help if you have a caseworker or Pastor to advocate for you.
Zip codes: 95820, 95822, 95823, 95824, 95826, 95828, 95829, 95830, 95831 and 95832.
All of the suggestions in what you need to know will apply to your eligibility for rental assistance.
The Centro Guadalupe also has a zip code restriction. They restrict their services to people living within certain zip codes and you will need to call them to find out if you live in the right zip code for you and your children to be eligible. The Centro Guadalupe claims to provide rental assistance, however, when repeatedly called they have always stated they are out of funds.
Zip codes: 95626, 95660, 95673, 95833, 95834, 95835, 95836, 95837, 95838 and 95843.
South County Services
Ph. (209) 745-5367
Call first Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to determine if rental assistance funds are available.
Zip codes: 94571, 95615, 905624, 95632, 95638, 95639, 95641, 95683, 95690, 95693, 95757 and 95758.
OneFathersLove Search Engine