Who Helps With Rent AssistanceWhat resources to call to help pay my rent.
Rental Assistance in Sacramento, CA
August 4, 2015
Just because you are 100% eligible does not mean they have the Rental Assistance funds or that you will receive a call back or even a screening. To prepare for a screening and what to leave in a message:
> 95% of the time they are out of funds.
· Have a three day notice in hand at your screening and before you leave a message.
· Have a copy of your lease agreement.
· Proof of household income and show how you will pay all of your rent next month.
· Programs will call your landlord and will not pay any of the late fees or back rent.
· Say who lives in your home such as infants, seniors, and/or disabled.
· Have a specific reason 'emergency' why you do not have all of the money for rent.
· Programs will not provide all of your rent. Show you have at least 75% of the money.
· Possibly have two programs concurrently help you. For example one program covers 100.00 and a local church gives you 25.00 to help cover your total rental assistance needs. By Victor Stark
The Salvation Army Sacramento Family Services
4350 Raley Boulevard, # 200,
Ph. (916) 678-4050
You must call on Monday only 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for rental assistance. NOTE: If you receive a 3 day pay or quit, then you will still have to wait until Monday for an appointment. Once you get through on the phone, then you may receive an appointment to come in for a "screening."
Zip codes: 95608, 95610, 95621, 95628, 95652, 95655, 95670, 95742, 95811, 95814, 95815, 95816, 95817, 95818, 95819, 95821, 95825, 95827, 95841, 95842 and 95864.
Folsom Cordova Community Partnership
10665 Coloma Road, Suite 200,
Ph. (916) 361-8684 x5 Monday only 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. and leave a message.
Rental assistance Sacramento by appointment only. Serves all zip codes. In order to receive Rent Assistance or Eviction Avoidance assistance you must have a 3-day pay or quit or a final notice. Call for help with rent between the hours 9:00 am and 10:00 am on the LAST MONDAY OF THE MONTH ONLY. No calls are accepted before or after this time. You must press the number Five (5) and leave your name and phone number on the Safety-Net voice mail box.
Travelers Aid Society
2251 Florin Road,
Ph. (916) 399-9646 Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Travelers Aid Sacramento sometimes has a very limited amount of rental assistance funds at the beginning of each month to help with rental assistance. You must call first, no walk ins. The Travelers Aid is emergency assistance known to be fair in their screening process although it may help if you have a caseworker or Pastor to advocate for you to the Travelers Aid Society.
Zip codes: 95820, 95822, 95823, 95824, 95826, 95828, 95829, 95830, 95831 and 95832.
Greater Sacramento Urban League
3725 Marysville Boulevard,
Ph. (916) 286-8607 No walk ins, by appointment only.
Rental assistance provided on a first come first serve (very limited) bases. Serves all zip codes.
^BACK TO TOP^
South County Services
Ph. (209) 745-5367
all first Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to determine if rental assistance funds are available.
Zip codes: 94571, 95615, 905624, 95632, 95638, 95639, 95641, 95683, 95690, 95693, 95757 and 95758.